Focus on the Family Articles on biblical discipline, parenting helps, building relationships, sexuality, thriving family magazine, the family store, and many other topics.
National Center for Biblical Parenting Dr. Turansky has written many resources from God’s word to help parents establish guidelines for parenting. Parenting is Heart Work from a theological and practical perspective. Nine functions of the heart are explored and made practical.
The Family Challenge Developing a family ministry in your church and in your home is defined and supported in this global initiative. Three steps provide more intentionality than just sending children off to church: 1. Build relationships, 2. Share scripture, 3. Practice faith.
Family Time Training Free monthly activities and other ideas to help families remain involved with God’s word.
Books to assist you in Spiritual Parenting
- Essentials of Discipline by Focus on the Family with Dr. James Dobson
- Faith Training, Raising Kids Who Love the Lord, by Dr. Joe White
- Habits of the Heart by Ann Swindler et al.
- Heirs of the Covenant by Susan Hunt
- Preschool Explorers Parenting Wisdom for Ages 3-5 by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN with Diane Snyder
- Spiritual Growth of Children by John Trent Rick Osborn and Kurt Bruner Toddlers on the Move Parenting Wisdom for Ages 12-36 Months by Dr. Scott Turansky and Tess Worrell